Never miss a Powerball draw!
Now you can buy and play your favorite jackpot game anytime, anywhere in Virginia.
Whether you want to buy a single ticket for the next draw, or purchase multiple drawings at once, you never have to worry about missing a drawing.
All the info you need is right at your fingertips!
Est.Cash Value $22M
Wed 1/27/2021 Winning Numbers
Odds of Winning: 1 in 292,201,338
Check My Numbers
Are you holding on to a winning ticket? Here’s an easy way to find out.
Enter Your Numbers
Generate Random Numbers
Generate random numbers with our interactive tool.
Scan to Enter
The Virginia Lottery app lets you scan your tickets to enter 2nd Chance promotions. Download the app, scan and watch for the drawings!
How to Play Powerball
Powerball Prizes & Odds
Powerball Past Numbers
Powerful jackpots mean plenty of fun.
If you enjoy playing for big cash prizes, then Powerball is the game for you! Powerball could make you the next multimillionaire, and there are several different ways to play.
How to play Powerball
Following the April 8, 2020 drawing, guaranteed starting jackpot amounts and minimum jackpot increases will be eliminated, and future jackpot increases will be determined and announced by the Product Group prior to each drawing.In April 2020, Powerball announced changes to the starting jackpot amount. More information here.
Think of how to play Powerball in terms of colors and numbers. You must select numbers for five white balls and one red ball (the Powerball) for a total of six numbers. Click for a closer view of the playslip to learn more.
Here are the ways to play Powerball:
- Choose your own numbers on a playslip. Pick five different numbers from 1 through 69; then, select one Powerball number from 1 through 26.
- Or you can choose Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers
- You can also use a combination of these play methods: Pick some of your favorite numbers, and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Each play (six numbers) costs $2.
- Powerball draws are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 11 p.m.
Power up your play with Power Play ®
Power Play® is an add-on feature that allows you to win even more money for just $1 extra per play. Power Play® can increase your winnings to up to $2 million! If you win with Power Play®, your non-jackpot prize is increased 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x or 10x depending on the Power Play® number drawn in the draw. Check out the chart above to see how adding Power Play® increases any non-jackpot prize. Add Power Play® and match five numbers without the Powerball, and you automatically win $2 million!
Winning a Powerball game
There are nine ways to win a Powerball game, and here are a few:
- If you only match the Powerball number, you can win at minimum $4.
- Match the first five numbers, and you win $1 million.
- Match all five numbers and the Powerball number, and you walk away with the Powerball jackpot!
Two chances to win per week
You can play Powerball twice each week! Powerball draws are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 11 p.m.
- We stop selling Powerball tickets at 10 p.m. on draw nights, so get your tickets early!
- Virginia’s Powerball tickets cannot be canceled, and all sales are final. We recommend using a playslip to ensure that your numbers are correct.
- When using optional plays, make sure to tell your clerk which option(s) you prefer — Multi-Draw, Future or Repeat.
- Any winning tickets bought in Virginia must be redeemed in Virginia.
It’s always great to have options, so mark the OPTIONAL PLAYS box on your playslip for any of the following.
- Want to play the same numbers for more than one draw on a single ticket? A Multi-Draw ticket lets you play up to 26 consecutive draws on one ticket. Please keep in mind that the ticket price increases for each draw you add.
- Thinking ahead to a special date? You can buy a ticket for one future draw date. It’s called a Future draw. Mark the Optional Plays box on your playslip, and let the clerk know which future draw date you have in mind.
- Love those numbers so much you want them on more than one ticket? You can Repeat your play and have the same numbers printed on more than one ticket up to 20 times.
- Tell your clerk which option you want when you present your playslip. Keep in mind that playing in more than one draw increases the ticket price by the number of draws you choose.
You can find different VA Lottery Powerball retail locations in the Virginia Lottery app or by using the Find a Retailer tool. Download the app to scan your non-winning tickets and check out our newest Scratchers too!
Buy online, and never miss a draw!
You can buy and play Powerball anytime, anywhere in Virginia on your mobile phone, tablet or computer. Purchase multiple draws at once to stay in the game for as long as you like, and select the Auto-Renewal feature to never worry about missing a draw.
Watch the draw
You can watch Powerball draws live on each Wednesday and Saturday at 11 p.m. by clicking the Winning Numbers tab at the top of the page or by visiting us on Facebook.com/valottery. You can even watch them later. Draws stay on our site!
Following the April 8, 2020 drawing, guaranteed starting jackpot amounts and minimum jackpot increases will be eliminated, and future jackpot increases will be determined and announced by the Product Group prior to each drawing.
Need more info? Here’s our official rules for Powerball.
Lottery profits benefit public education
Since 1999, all Virginia Lottery profits have gone to K-12 public schools in Virginia. In Fiscal Year 2020, the Lottery generated more than $595 million for K-12 public schools in Virginia. Every time you play a Virginia Lottery game, you’re playing a role in helping kids have a brighter future.
Match all six numbers, and you win the Powerball jackpot! But that’s not all – check out the chart for all NINE ways to win a prize in our Powerball game. If you do win the jackpot, you will need to choose either an annual payout or cash option when you claim your prize.
You can purchase a single Powerball ticket or use Auto-Renewal online to never miss a draw! Play now for your chance to win!
Powerball results for 01/23/21; $20M jackpot winner sold, 43 players win at least $1M
Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night.
LANSING, MI – A player in New Jersey won the $23 million Powerball jackpot and an incredible 43 players won at least $1 million in the drawing held on Saturday, Jan. 23. The extraordinary total of big winners comes one day after a player in Michigan won a $1 billion jackpot.
The Powerball drawing on Wednesday, Jan. 27 will be worth $20 million with a cash option of $15 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Jan. 23: 5-8-17-27-28
The Red Powerball Power Number: 14
The Power Play Number: 3
Powerball winners for Jan. 23:
· Along with the grand prize winner, 43 players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin. A full list of those winners can be found on the Powerball website.
· Players in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Puerto Rico also played the Power Play option which increased their winnings to $2 million
· In Michigan, two tickets sold won $50,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 1,032,769 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 33,754 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Jan. 26 with an estimated jackpot of $20 million and a cash option of $14.7 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.2 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $167,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last player from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis of Waterford who won $70 million playing Powerball in February. With her winnings, Davis said she planned to buy a new house and car.
And while she was a lucky winner, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland in 2019 went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
Powerball results for 01/23/21; $20M jackpot winner sold, 43 players win at least $1M Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night. LANSING, MI – A player in New Jersey won the $23