Queen of hearts lottery
Match any of YOUR NUMBERS to any of the WINNING NUMBERS, win PRIZE shown for that number. Get a “5X” symbol, win 5 TIMES the PRIZE shown for that symbol. Get a “Q” symbol, win ALL 15 PRIZES!
This game is no longer available for sale or redeemable at any Lottery retailer.
Let’s be Internet Friends!
The South Dakota Lottery is a division of the South Dakota Department of Revenue. You must be 18 years or older to play Scratch and Lotto games. You must be 21 years or older to play Video Lottery. Please play responsibily. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the winning numbers and prize layouts. The Lottery reserves the right to correct errors. In the event of a discrepancy the official and certified files maintained by the South Dakota Lottery shall prevail.SD Lottery scratch ticket games.
Queen of Hearts
DSC Queen of Hearts
The game “Queen of Hearts” is a game of chance where a successful player wins a portion of the money held in a Jackpot and, at the same time, a portion of the Jackpot is awarded to DSC, a not-for-profit organization.
The game begins with a player buying one or more tickets for $1.00 each. The tickets sold during any given week will all be placed in the ticket return bin. Each week, at the time and place shown on the schedule, one ticket will be drawn from the jar. On the spot, the owner of the chosen ticket will have the opportunity to try to draw the Queen of Hearts from a deck of playing cards. If the owner of the chosen ticket is not present to try for the Queen of Hearts, a card will be drawn on his or her behalf.
If the Queen of Hearts is drawn, the Jackpot will be paid out as described in the Rules. If not, the game continues until the Queen of Hearts is drawn.
In addition, there are smaller prizes if the player does not draw the Queen of Hearts but draws the queen of diamonds, clubs, or spades or one of the two jokers. In that case, a smaller amount is paid to the successful player, and the game continues to the next week.
Review the “Official Rules” below for a description in more detail on the method of play.
· The purchase of a raffle ticket is evidence of the player’s agreement with, and willingness to conform to, all Rules, as described below.
· All tickets are $1.00 each with no limit on the number of tickets that may be purchased by a player. Tickets may be purchased prior to the first drawing and any time after each following weekly drawing until the next drawing (DSC reserves the right to stop sales up to 30 minutes prior to any drawing to ensure drawing happens on time).
· Each game will begin with a full deck of cards, including two jokers. A number, from 1 through 54, will be written on the back of each card in the deck.
· Each player must write his or her phone number and his or her first and last names as they appear on the player’s government issued ID on the back of the ticket. There may only be one player’s name placed on each ticket. The player will then place his or her ticket in the raffle ticket return bin. Players may write a card number on the back of his or her ticket. If the player is not present and his or her ticket is chosen, the card having the number written on the ticket will be drawn for the player. [If there is no number written on the ticket or if the card listed is not available, then the lowest numbered available card will be drawn on behalf of the absent player.]
· Every Tuesday at the time and place shown on the accompanying schedule, a ticket will be chosen from the ticket box by the Game-Master. The name on the chosen ticket will be announced three times. If the winning player does not report to the Game-Master within five minutes, the card number on the ticket (or the lowest numbered available card if no number was placed on the ticket) will be drawn.
· Drawings will not be held on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Easter.
· The Jackpot will continue to accumulate weekly until the QUEEN OF HEARTS is drawn. The Jackpot amount, based on ticket sales, will be updated weekly and prominently displayed in the location of the drawing and on DSC’s website.
· A player whose ticket has been chosen and is present at the drawing may draw a card. If the card drawn is the QUEEN OF HEARTS, the player will win 50% of the jackpot. If the player is not present, a card will be drawn for him or her. If the QUEEN OF HEARTS is drawn for an absent player, he or she will receive 40% of the Jackpot. If the winning player is not present, the remaining 10% of the jackpot (up to $5,000) will be contributed to the next game, so long as another game is scheduled to follow. The amount left in the Jackpot (after the award to the winner and after any amount placed in the Jackpot for the next game) will be awarded to DSC, the sponsor of the game and a non-profit organization in Champaign, IL.
· If the QUEEN OF HEARTS is not drawn on a particular week, there are five consolation prizes. If one of the jokers is drawn, the player will receive $100. If one of the other three queens is drawn, the winning player will receive $25. All other cards have no payout value. Players must be present to win a consolation prize.
· Once a card is selected, it will be removed from play for the remainder of each game and will be shown face up on the board.
· Each week after the drawing, all tickets for that week’s drawing will be destroyed.
· The QUEEN OF HEARTS raffle will continue weekly until one of three things happens: 1) The Queen of Hearts is drawn, effectively ending the game, 2) the Jackpot reaches $500,000 or 3) the raffle will have continued for 25 weeks. If either 2 or 3 should happen, the game will be terminated on the following Tuesday at which time the Game-Master will continue to choose tickets, and each time a ticket is chosen, the owner of each chosen ticket will draw a card from the remainder of the deck. This will continue until someone draws the Queen of Hearts, ending the game. This means that, should the play reach the 26th week or should the Jackpot reach $500,000, one of the tickets purchased that next week will win the Jackpot.
· All winning players are responsible for any and all taxes that relate to his or her winnings. A W-2G will be issued to any player who has drawn the Queen of Hearts. All information required to complete the W-2G will be provided at the time of the drawing. The award for drawing the Queen of Hearts will not be paid until all information required to complete the W-2G is provided. If a player is unwilling or unable to provide the necessary W-2G information at that time, the successful player’s award will remain as a part of the Jackpot.
· All players must be 18 years of age or older.
· All winners must have a government issued photo ID to claim his or her prize.
· Only one name may be entered on each ticket. If more than one name is on a drawn ticket, the ticket will be discarded and another ticket will be drawn.
· Should there be any disagreement regarding the procedure or the results of the game, then the disagreement or results will be resolved in a timely manner by way of a determination from the Game-Master, who will be a CPA from an accounting firm designated by the Game-Master. The Game-Master’s determination will be final. From week to week, the undrawn cards will be kept in the secure, locked shadow box that is affixed to the wall.
· All players, evidenced by the purchase of a ticket, agree to this form of binding arbitration.
· The QUEEN OF HEARTS game board will be displayed in the scheduled location. It will be retained by the Game-Master from week to week.
· This game is intended to conform to all City, State and other requirements, including, but not limited to the Champaign, Illinois, ordinance-governing games of chance. Should the game itself, or any of the Rules of the game, violate any law, rule or regulation, then the game shall be played, and the Rules shall be interpreted, so as to not violate such law, rule or regulation.
For a downloadable complete list of the rules, please click the link below.Queen of Hearts DSC Queen of Hearts The game “Queen of Hearts” is a game of chance where a successful player wins a portion of the money held in a Jackpot and, at the same time, a portion ]]>