Powerball results for 01/23/21; $20M jackpot winner sold, 43 players win at least $1M
Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night.
LANSING, MI – A player in New Jersey won the $23 million Powerball jackpot and an incredible 43 players won at least $1 million in the drawing held on Saturday, Jan. 23. The extraordinary total of big winners comes one day after a player in Michigan won a $1 billion jackpot.
The Powerball drawing on Wednesday, Jan. 27 will be worth $20 million with a cash option of $15 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Jan. 23: 5-8-17-27-28
The Red Powerball Power Number: 14
The Power Play Number: 3
Powerball winners for Jan. 23:
· Along with the grand prize winner, 43 players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin. A full list of those winners can be found on the Powerball website.
· Players in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Puerto Rico also played the Power Play option which increased their winnings to $2 million
· In Michigan, two tickets sold won $50,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 1,032,769 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 33,754 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Jan. 26 with an estimated jackpot of $20 million and a cash option of $14.7 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.2 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $167,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last player from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis of Waterford who won $70 million playing Powerball in February. With her winnings, Davis said she planned to buy a new house and car.
And while she was a lucky winner, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland in 2019 went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.Powerball results for 01/23/21; $20M jackpot winner sold, 43 players win at least $1M Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night. LANSING, MI – A player in New Jersey won the $23
Powerball is played in 45 US states as well as Puerto Rico, the U.S Virgin Islands and Washington D.C., and the wide participation creates some huge prize pools. The biggest-ever Powerball winners have each claimed hundreds of millions of dollars in prize money, and the game holds the record for the largest jackpot ever offered: an incredible $1.58 billion.
Some states have enjoyed considerable success, while others are still waiting to register their first Powerball jackpot winner. The table below is updated whenever the top prize is won and shows how many jackpot-winning tickets have been sold in each of the participating areas.
There have been hundreds of jackpot winners over the years, snapping up multimillion-dollar rewards. Visit the Biggest Powerball Winners page to find out about the largest prizes ever given away on the game.
The most recent Powerball jackpot was won on Saturday, January 23, 2021.
There was 1 jackpot winning ticket that matched 5 main numbers and the Powerball. The ticket was purchased in New Jersey.
Winners by State
Powerball was launched in 23 states in 1992, and its membership has gradually increased in the years since. As a result, some states have seen more jackpot winners than others. Use our interactive map to see how many jackpots have been claimed in your state, and find out where it stands compared to other states in the table beneath.
|State:||Jackpot Winners:||Percentage of Total
|U.S. Virgin Islands||0||0%|
Three jackpots have gone unclaimed since the beginning of the game. One was from a ticket purchased in Georgia, another from Indiana and a $16 million jackpot prize that went unclaimed in Florida.
The table below shows all the Powerball jackpots to have been won since 2003. Use it to find out who has won the top prize, plus when and where the jackpots have been given away. See how much each win was worth and whether the lucky players took the cash option or the annuity. Go to the Biggest Winners page to see a list of the biggest ever Powerball jackpots and learn about the people that won them.Powerball Winners – Find out information on Powerball Winners by state and view a list of every Powerball jackpot won since 2003. ]]>